Ok softball fans, I know you have heard the rumors that the RGSA will be having a fall league this year. Well I’m here to tell you it’s true. For the first time (as far as I know) we will be having a fall softball season for all those girls that can’t go for six or eight months without. That and it seems like a shame to let our new complex sit there with no girls in the fields or yelling parents in the bleachers.
We hope to run this fall season a bit more like a training camp season. The goal is to give some of those girls that haven’t played softball before, or maybe had a bad experience the first time out, an opportunity to get some time on the field without the pressure. We also know that not everyone has a schedule that allows them to play ball in the spring and we hope this will provide a chance for everyone to learn some basics and get out there and have some fun.
Here are some details:
- We will be running a short four week season with opening day on Saturday, September 28th and closing ceremonies on Saturday, October 26th.
- Registration will be held this Saturday, August 31st at the softball fields from 10:00 am till 1:00pm.
- Age Requirements: 5 years old as of January 1st, 2013 to 14 years old as of December 31st, 2013. (bring a birth certificate)
- Registration cost is reduced for the fall season to $35.00. This fee covers player insurance, game umpires, player uniform top and a few other expenses.
- Other registration dates will be Saturday, September 7th and September 14th, also from 10:00am till 1:00pm.
Remember – we can always use new coaches in the league and with this being a short season it’s the perfect opportunity for a parent or grandparent or anyone to get involved. Coaches registration is $15.00 to cover the back-ground check. You can pick-up an application at the softball field with the girls on Saturday or click here to view and download the pdf. You can also find it on our RGSA Forms page.
As things progress we will be posting more information so stay tuned.
If you have any questions leave a comment to this post or click the link and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.