– First you need a very strong hit into the out-field. It really was a nice hit.
– Then allow the runner to round second base and gain momentum.
– Next, get the ball to the infield and watch the runner keep moving towards third base.
– After the runner rounds third and you hear the parents in the bleachers yelling – “HOME! HOME!” move to the last step.
– Relax. The Sluggers are on the field and Champagne has two things, the ball and a cannon for an arm. And then you can remember that Mercedes is at home-plate and the ball is practically magnetically drawn to her glove. – So relax. The Sluggers have got it handled.
So, how do you kill a home-run? Get the Sluggers to take care of it.